Walking Tours of France
Paris by Arrondissement
Paris, one of the greatest cities in the world, is best seen on foot, rather than from a tour bus. From point-to-point, the core city is never more than six miles wide, making it easy to tour on foot, or combine our tours with the fabulous Metro subway and bus system.
The WTF walking tours of Paris are organized by arrondissement, a Paris administrative-government district. Paris consists of 20 arrondissements. Some of the tours combine arrondissements when there are minimal sights in them. The main sights for each arrondissement are noted in parentheses in the price listing below.
In each walking tour, you are led street-by-street to the arrondissement's best sights. The address, telephone number, and Metro bus/subway lines nearest the sight are noted. Since there are many great sights in the Paris suburbs, WTF also has a report that shows you how to reach these sights by Paris public transportation.
Walking Tours of Paris ($4.00 each)
- Arrondissement 2 & 9 (Bibliothèque Nationale, Opéra [old], Bourse, Musée Gustave Moreau, 19th-century passages)
- Arrondissement 3 (Marais district north mansions and museums including Musée Picasso)
- Arrondissement 5 (Latin Quarter, Jardin des Plantes, Panthéon)
- Arrondissement 6 (St-Germain-de-Prés quarter, Jardin des Luxembourg, chic cafés)
- Arrondissement 7 (Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Musée Rodin, Faubourg-St-Germain quarter)
- Arrondissement 8 (Arc de Triumphe, Avenue des Champs-Elysées, Parc Monceau, fashion designer boutiques)
- Arrondissements 10 & 11 (Canal St-Martin, Bastille, Gare du Nord [Eurostar trains for Paris-London Chunnel route])
- Arrondissement 12 (Bastille, Opera [new], Château de Vincennes)
- Arrondissements 13 & 14 (Cimetière de Montparnasse, Gobelins tapestry factory, Bibliothèque Nationale-Tolbiac)
- Arrondissements 15 (Gare Montparnasse, museums)
- Arrondissements 16 (20+ museums, Auteuil, Passy)
- Arrondissements 19 & 20 (Cimetière Père Lachaise, Parc de la Villette [includes Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie], Belleville/Ménilmont districts)
Walking Tours of Paris ($5.00 each)
- Arrondissement 1 (Ile de la Cîte west side, Jardin des Tuileries, Musée du Louvre, Palais Royal)
- Arrondissement 4 (Cathédrale Notre Dame, Ile St-Louis, Centre Georges Pompidou, Marais district south mansions and museums, place des Vosges)
- Arrondissements 17 & 18 (Sacré-Coeur, Montmartre, Palais des Congr´s, several museums)
Suburbs of Paris Highlights report ($5.00)
- Suburbs of Paris features all suburbs accessible from Paris by public transportation (bus, metro, RER) with complete highlights for each town.
Each Walking Tour of France Paris Arrondissement report, printed on letter-size paper, sells for $4.00, unless otherwise marked, plus a slight postage/handling charge of $1.00/report, shipped first class mail by the U.S. Postal Service (unless combined with a map or book order). We can also send your report(s) by FAX for $2.00 per page.
We accept major credit cards, checks, or money orders for payment. For complete order information, go to our Order Instructions page.
Top of Page
Walking Tours of France: Introduction
Walking Tours of France: City Reports
Walking Tours of France: City Reports Locations List
Tours by Arrondissement
Maps of France
Trail Guides & Other Resources
Order Form & Instructions
© 2009 Walking Tours of France