Walking Tours of France
City Walking Tour Reports
You cannot see and discover the real France from a tour bus. You have to hit the streets on foot. That is why you need Walking Tours of France city walking tours, a series of reports created to provide independent travelers like yourself a better way to see France. If you examine most travel guidebooks, you will gain information about the sights, with an address and telephone number, but rarely does any book tell you how to find the sights, much less stringing them together into a cohesive tour. That is left up to your imagination, which can be difficult when on foreign turf, especially if your French is not fluent or you have never been to a specific location.
Being regular visitors to France and frustrated with the guidebooks, we decided back in 1993 to share our knowledge and passion of this great country with other travelers. What resulted was the creation of self-guided walking tour reports for the major cities and towns of France, varying from 4-12 pages in length, which can be used "as is" per our instructions or modified to your own personal itinerary. Today, we have walking tours reports published for over 100 cities in France, plus four regional driving tours.
Except for the very large cities, each walking tour can be completed in full within a day's time. And, if you only have a few hours to spend at a location, our reports easily guide you to a city's historical highlights and attractions. For those choosing to linger for the evening or next day, each report has a good selection of hotels and restaurants for all budget ranges.
The format used for each report is:
- Introduction about the city
- Getting There
- This section shows you how to reach the city from Paris by train, bus, airline, car, and boat as applicable.
- Getting Around
- In case you get tired walking, this section discusses transportation within a city, including bus, subway, taxi, and/or boat service. Specific routes are mentioned in the walking tour section.
- Tourist Information Offices location(s)
- Walking Tour of Historic Sights & Attractions
- The walking tour begins at the train station or tourist information office. You are given accurate street-by-street directions and complete information about a city's most important sights and attractions. Famous sights, not far from the city limits, will be mentioned too.
- Hotels and Restaurants
- This is a listing with price guidelines and directions to the location (something your do not get in guidebooks).
- Check out our sample report.
Each Walking Tour of France report, printed on letter-size paper, sells for $3.00, unless otherwise indicated on our locations list. After you have chosen the reports you want to purchase, click here for an order form and complete the order instructions. Reports can be mailed or faxed to you (See the order form page for shipping rates.).
Top of Page
Walking Tours of France: Introduction
Walking Tours of France: City Reports
Walking Tours of France: City Reports Locations List
Tours by Arrondissement
Maps of France
Trail Guides & Other Resources
Order Form & Instructions
© 2009 Walking Tours of France